Connecting Google Analytics to Zendesk Guide is a must-have for a help center for various reasons. To keep it short, integrating both tools provides a single “command” center with better functionality. Unfortunately, it may prove challenging for some help center owners. Read on if you want to enjoy the better functionality of Zendesk Guide with Google Analytics.
What are the Benefits of Connecting Google Analytics to Zendesk Guide?
Google Analytics is a complementing tool for a business looking to enhance the reach of their Zendesk help center. However, what are the benefits of their integration?
- It makes it easy to track user actions
- It measures the search effectiveness
- It improves the performance of your Zendesk help center
Connecting Google Analytics to Zendesk Guide
To connect these two platforms, you need Google Analytics and a Zendesk help center. With these, you can use one of the following two methods:
Method One: Connecting Manually
To connect these two platforms manually, you should have a Google Analytics tracking ID, which helps you track and analyze traffic from the Zendesk help center conveniently.
Step 1 – Create a Google Analytics Account
To create a Google Analytics account:
- Search “google.com/analytics”
- Select "Start for free" and fill out your details
With a Google Analytics account, log in and follow these steps:
- Click “Website” from the “New Account” page.
- If you already have a Google Analytics account that is connected to another website, click on the “Admin” tab, proceed to the account column, and click “Create account”. For new Google Analytics users, use the details from your Zendesk help center to fill the blank options provided. The required information includes your account name, website name, and URL.
- Click on “Get Tracking ID” and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Copy the generated tracking ID and add it to your help center as follows.
Step 2 – Adding Tracking ID to Zendesk Help Center
After you have added your Zendesk help center to your Google Analytics account, you should update the settings with the generated tracking ID. Take the following steps to do this:
- From the sidebar, click on “Settings.”
- Enable Google Analytics from the integrations menu and enter the generated tracking ID
- Click “Update” on the right corner of the page.
Method Two: Using Third-Party Tools
Several third-party tools, such as Hevo Activate, Xplenty, Leans Bridge, and Panoply, make it easy to integrate Zendesk Guide with Google Analytics. While the integration process of these third-party tools slightly differs, they offer the same functionality. They provide real-time data transfer, complete automation, live monitoring, live support, and more.
Connecting your Google Analytics to Zendesk Guide comes with many benefits. If you previously had challenges with these two platforms, the guide above simplifies the process.
That said, to improve your Zendesk help center performance and see better results in analytical tools like Google Analytics, you can work with Lotus Themes, a Zendesk partner. It provides user-friendly themes, extensions, and customization services.